Monday, October 20, 2014

The Fall by Stephan Cost








Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Angels
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Publisher: Stephen Cost
Format: ebook
Sources: Publisher

Fall in love with Death. Most Definitely.

Thanks for popping in today on my stop on the tour! Great to see everyone and make sure you check out the other stops on the tour. I have to tell you, I really enjoyed The Fall and highly recommend you get a copy, something to drink and a warm, cozy spot cause you are not going to want to let Giles go until the very end!! Let’s take a closer look!!

The Cover: I was quite fascinated with the cover to The Fall. A man and woman’s arms tied around the wrist with a red ribbon, the backs of their hands touching. Smoke surrounds them, making it ghostly. If they wanted to, maybe they could grab each others hand. This suggests love, I think. All of this is over the Seattle skyline, with the Needle towering over everything, shining brightly. I have always been fascinated with the Seattle Space Needle and really like that it was on the cover of such a great book.

The Plot:  What an amazing story!! The plot to The Fall was very unique, had great pacing, and kept me reading very late into the night. I really enjoyed reading as the mystery developed. Mr. Cost has crafted a very interesting beginning that hooked me within the first 10 pages. I got the feeling that Giles had lived a life of comfort for quite a while and it was time for him to be shaken up.

Characters:  The Reapers are a very interesting species. I am sorry, but I am at a lack for a better word—Wicked!! The Reapers are simply—Wicked!! I loved Giles’ arrogance, sophistication, ego, and self-confidence. It was fun to read about him out of his element, both with Emma and with his “stalker”. Emma was not a favorite at first and I am still not sure if I like her. Her fun, flirty attitude when Giles went to her father’s house just didn’t match with her attitude through the rest of the story and I knew something was up. Gallus was another favorite, but he struck me as a father figure to Giles almost right away and I have a soft spot for those types of characters.

Is it Worth Reading?:  Oh, demons, yes! I can not tell you how happy I was to read the words “NOT THE END” on the last page. I loved the world of the Reapers and I cannot wait for the next book. But until then, I highly recommend the fall and give it 5 out of 5 crossbows.

1 comment:

  1. Becca, thank you so much for the wonderful review and I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. Book 2 will be available spring 2015. Thank you again for helping me spread the word about THE FALL.

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete